Mike is under investigation by a ruthless government prosecutor; Jessica and Harvey must figure out how to build a defense for Mike, knowing full well that he's guilty of the crime for which he stands accused.
To be added
- Gabriel Macht as Harvey Specter
- Patrick J. Adams as Mike Ross
- Rick Hoffman as Louis Litt
- Meghan Markle as Rachel Zane
- Sarah Rafferty as Donna Paulsen
- Gina Torres as Jessica Pearson
- Wendell Pierce as Robert Zane
- Tom Lipinski as Trevor Evans
- John-Pyper Ferguson as Jack Soloff
- Abigail Spencer as Dana Scott
- Leslie Hope as Anita Gibbs
- Conrad Pla as U.S Marshal Ron D'Amico
- Mike Ross' fraud, despite unproven as of yet by Anita Gibbs, is aware by most in the legal community now as of his arrest.
- Mike is accused of hacking into the Bar as well as practicing law without a degree.
- Robert Zane and Anita Gibbs try to get Mike to sell out Harvey Specter in order for all charges to be dropped, but he refuses.
- Robert and Laura Zane learn of Mike's secret, and try to get Rachel to leave Mike.
- Harvey manages to secure Mike a bail hearing and get himself freed from prison.
- Harvey, who has resigned, is working as Mike's attorney from home, in order to prevent Charles Forstman from finding out that he's still working. However, after Anita states that Harvey's resignation would be proof of conspiracy, he returns to the firm.
- Mike realizes that as Charles Forstman is in prison, he must have an inside man at Pearson Specter Litt who notifies him of what occurs in the firm. Realizing that that individual is none other than Jack Soloff, he blackmails Soloff, as well as Daniel Hardman, that if they call Forstman to notify that Harvey is returning to work, then he would sell them out as co-conspirators to his fraud.
- Louis Litt fires Donna Paulsen so that she may return working for Harvey, as Louis believes Harvey and Mike needed her more.
- Louis Litt and Jessica Pearson discuss Lord of the Rings after Louis mentions Frodo Baggins and the Ring of Power while Jessica refers to him as Samwise Gamgee.
- Goddamn Counter: 9
- This episode received 1.74 million views on its initial broadcast.
Robert: I don't know, because I'm not representing him. Now, are you done asking me questions? Because I have a few of my own, like how the hell could you do this?
Rachel: Dad, because I love him.
Robert: That's sweet, but you sound like a teenager, and right now your mother is sobbing, knowing what you've done to yourself.
Rachel: Dad, Mike is the same man that you worked with. And you said yourself there are things that you did in your past that you're not proud of.
Robert: Don't you dare compare me to him! I am not a fraud! I am not a criminal!
Anita: You get me that letter, and I'll waive his bail.
Harvey: I don't need you to waive bail. Whatever it is, he can pay for it.
Anita: No, he can't. I'll freeze his assets. In fact, I'll make sure that he doesn't get bail at all, because hacking into the Bar is a federal crime, and if he can do that, he sure as hell can flee the country.
Harvey: You have no proof he hacked into the Bar.
Anita: Doesn't matter. It's what he's accused of.
Jack: That better be you calling down to my office to explain why your golden boy was arrested for fraud last night.
Jessica: My golden boy? You're the one that nominated him for partner.
Jack: Because you passed him over again and again, and I knew there was a reason for it, but now I know what it was.
Jessica: Just what are you implying?
Jack: I'm not implying anything. You knew that kid was a fraud, and even if you didn't, you should have. So what is it? Are you corrupt, or are you just so stupid you didn't know what was going on in your own firm?
Donna: Gretchen told me you weren't feeling well, so I dropped by to see how you're doing and tell you to cut the bullshit.
Harvey: I don't understand.
Donna: You've never taken a sick day in your life, and Mike just got arrested, so I want to know what the hell is going on.
Harvey: I can't be in the office right now.
Donna: Why not?
Harvey: Because I resigned.
Robert: [to Jessica] When Rachel first told me she didn't want to work for me, we fought all night. I didn't think any other firm was good enough. And then she told me she was gonna work for you, and that changed everything. A brilliant black woman, mentor for my baby girl, someone who could teach her what the world does to people like us – how to get down in the mud and still manage to keep her dignity. And look at what you taught her instead.
Jessica: Are you saying you were after my job?
Louis: Of course I wasn't. But who the hell am I kidding, you know? I mean, I'm not Frodo. Once I got that ring of power, we all know it would've consumed me.
Jessica: That's what I like about you, Louis. You may not be self-aware, but if someone holds up a mirror, you are not afraid to look.
Louis: Thank you, Jessica. And the truth is, Harvey needs Donna more than I do.
Jessica: Well, it was a selfless and noble act. And as far as I'm concerned, you may not be Frodo, but you are Samwise Gamgee.
Louis: Get the f– You read "Lord of the Rings"?
Jessica: Four times. I mean, it is about power.
Louis: That's funny. I always thought it was about friendship.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.