|“|| Jack: I'd like to alter the firm's compensation formula.|
Louis: Okay, Jack, look, I know that you're the new head of the compensation committee, but I don't think that's a good idea.
Jack: Salaries should be weighted more towards billables than contingent compensation. What do you think about that?
Louis: I think that affects Harvey's salary more than anyone else's.
Harvey searches for a replacement for Donna; Mike takes on a case as a favor; Rachel's father offers advice about Rachel's engagement to Mike; Louis is embroiled in surprising money matters; and Jack confronts Jessica about Harvey.
To be added
- Gabriel Macht as Harvey Specter
- Patrick J. Adams as Mike Ross
- Rick Hoffman as Louis Litt
- Meghan Markle as Rachel Zane
- Sarah Rafferty as Donna Paulsen
- Gina Torres as Jessica Pearson
- John Pyper-Ferguson as Jack Soloff
- Aloma Wright as Gretchen Bodinski
- Pooch Hall as Jimmy Kirkwood
- Michael Reilly Burke as Teddy
- Arlene Duncan as Emma Powell
- Lindsay Merrithew as David Polk
- Alliso Brennan as Abigail Lopez
- Senior Partner Jack Soloff becomes the head of Pearson Specter Litt's compensation committee and proposes a revision to the formula, in which the partners' salaries are determined by number of billable hours as opposed to contingent compensation. Louis Litt realizes that Harvey Specter is the partner who benefits the most from the current formula, and shuts down Jack's proposal in a partners' meeting to support Harvey publicly.
- After Harvey humiliates Louis during the meeting, Louis accuses Harvey of being jealous, and Harvey responds by revealing to Louis that he has been paying Donna Paulsen's salary since she came to the firm. As Louis does not wish to pay Donna that much, Harvey accuses him of being cheap, prompting Louis to ally with Jack and leak Harvey's income statements to the firm.
- Mike Ross is given an insurance case by Jimmy Kirkwood as Jimmy lacks the financial resources to handle it; additionally, the case is personal for him, as his uncle was a victim. Mike is also asked by Robert Zane to sign a pre-nuptial agreement. After Jessica Pearson forces Mike to drop the case due to funding, Mike asks Robert to take the case, only for Robert to suggest that he and Mike work on the case together.
- Deion Sanders, Adidas, Nike, Puma and Michael Jordan are mentioned.
- Gretchen mentions Albert Einstein.
- Goddamn Counter: 5
- Harold Gunderson recalls walking in on Donna being on her knees in front of Mike when the pair were in the file room. ("Discovery")
Harvey: Sorry about the Keebler thing.
Gretchen: You didn't say it. Besides, it doesn't take Albert Einstein to figure out why you hired somebody that look like me to replace somebody that look like her.
Harvey: Listen, Gretchen, I–
Gretchen: You don't have to worry about that with me. I prefer my men manly.
Harvey: Am I not manly?
Gretchen: Well, if you have to ask...
Louis: Jack put something on the table, and it's our duty to follow through on it.
Harvey: Oh, bullshit. You're only following through on it because you're a cheap son of a bitch.
Harvey: I don't want to hear it, Jessica. Yesterday, he accused me of being jealous. Today, he's coming after my money.
Louis: No, I'm not–
Harvey: Shut up. We both know Donna going to work for you has nothing to do with you. You got lucky.
Harvey: Like a monkey who won the lottery, so the least you can do is be a man, pay her yourself, or suck it up and tell her the truth.
Jessica: All right. That's enough. We're not doing this.
Louis: I am a name partner.
Jessica: Louis. No.
Louis: He has no right to–
Jessica: I will slap the taste out of your mouth.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.