With their backs against the wall, Jessica and Louis make a last-ditch effort to rally the support of the partners, as Daniel Hardman and Jack Soloff attempt a takeover of the firm. Meanwhile, Mike and Harvey must each face down the demons of their past in order to make potentially life-altering decisions.
The episode starts with a flashback to Harvey's past where he sees his mother cheating on his father with his father's friend. He goes to one of his father's musical performances so that he can tell him everything, but he ultimately changes his mind because his father tells him that he's coming home. In the present day, Harvey is retelling this story to Dr. Agard. Another flashback to Mike's past shows his reaction and grief the day he found out his parents died. Under the care of his grandmother, he goes to Catholic school at the church where his parents regularly donated money. The priest, Father Walker is shown trying to help Mike through his troubles, but Mike is defiant.
In the present day, Mike visits Father Walker, after learning that Trevor also went to the priest for guidance. Meanwhile, Hardman threatens to obtain and gut Louis' sister's company unless he agrees to vote against retaining Jessica as managing partner. In the end, Harvey cuts a deal with Forstman to resign, and reveals the news to the senior partners that Hardman's backer was a man in prison. All of the partners – with the exception of Soloff – vote to keep Jessica. Mike decides to resign from the firm, too, thanking Harvey for giving him a family, but saying he will soon have his own family and he doesn't want his secret to threaten that. Just as Mike is about to leave the firm with Rachel, two agents arrive and arrest him for conspiracy to commit fraud.
- Gabriel Macht as Harvey Specter
- Patrick J. Adams as Mike Ross
- Rick Hoffman as Louis Litt
- Meghan Markle as Rachel Zane
- Sarah Rafferty as Donna Paulsen
- Gina Torres as Jessica Pearson
- David Costabile as Daniel Hardman
- Christina Cole as Paula Agard
- Rebecca Schull as Edith Ross
- Aloma Wright as Gretchen Bodinski
- John Pyper-Ferguson as Jack Soloff
- James McCaffrey as Gordon Specter
- Billy Miller as Marcus Specter
- Laura Allen as Lily Specter
- Jacob Buster as Young Mike Ross
- Russell Hornsby as Quentin Sainz
- Rod Wilson as Bobby
- Scott Michael Campbell as Sam Walker
- Edith Ross mentions The Little Prince and James and the Giant Peach before pulling out a Curious George book.
- The Little Prince, Curious George, Babar the Elephant, Dr. Seuss and Grimms' Fairy Tales are among Mike Ross' childhood books kept at the church library.
- Goddamn Counter: 1
- This episode is dedicated in memory of Elaine A. Zane, the mother of casting director Bonnie Zane.
- Louis reminds Daniel Hardman that he had threatened to kill Daniel if the latter told him so much as the incorrect time. ("He's Back")
- Paul Porter is once again missing from a mandatory senior partners' meeting.
Mike: Harvey, you didn't just give me my dream. You gave me a family. But I'm gonna have a family of my own someday, and I can't have all of this hanging over their heads.
Harvey: You're resigning.
Mike: I am.
Harvey: You know, you once asked me why I hired you, and I told you it was because life is like this and I like this.
Mike: Harvey, please, you can't convince me–
Harvey: Let me finish. It was like this not because of the risk we're taking. It's because of who you are.
Mike: So you're not disappointed?
Harvey: Are you kidding me? After that speech, if you hadn't done this, I'd be kicking you out. And for the record, you're not the only one who got more family out of this deal.