Harvey learns the scope of Alex's involvement with the prison case; Mike tries to keep the case alive; Lipschitz forces Louis out of his comfort zone; Donna tries to balance work and life.
In flashbacks to the Pearson Hardman days, it's revealed how Alex arranged for himself and Harvey to get junior partner positions at Bratton Gould, following Harvey's displeasure over Hardman promoting Louis to junior partner ahead of himself. Alex assures Tommy Bratton that Harvey's arrival is a "done deal", but Jessica ultimately convinces Harvey to stay, causing problems for Alex. Harvey apologizes to Alex, and promises a favor if he ever needs it. Alex is given mostly grunt work and unwinnable cases for several years, and his only way back in is to become part of an unholy alliance between Bratton, Masterson Construction and Reform Corp. – an alliance that Mike has just discovered in the present day. Mike tries to get Anita Gibbs to take over the Masterson case as a criminal matter, now that the civil case has been dropped, but Gibbs sees too many conflicts. Also in the past, it is revealed that Jessica was the one who insisted that Louis start seeing Dr. Lipschitz for therapy, while Donna breaks up with Mark, her boyfriend of six months, when it becomes clear she will follow Harvey wherever he goes. In the present, Alex reveals all to Mike, including how his life could be in danger if Masterson is prosecuted, while Harvey reveals the same to Donna.
- Gabriel Macht as Harvey Specter
- Patrick J. Adams as Mike Ross
- Rick Hoffman as Louis Litt
- Meghan Markle as Rachel Zane
- Sarah Rafferty as Donna Paulsen
- Gina Torres as Jessica Pearson
- Dulé Hill as Alex Williams
- Leslie Hope as Anita Gibbs
- Paul Schulze as Frank Gallo
- David Reale as Benjamin
- Jay Harrington as Mark Meadows
- Ray Proscia as Dr. Stan Lipschitz
- Al Sapienza as Thomas Bratton
- Blair Williams as Pat Kreuger
- Nabil Rajo as Jeffrey
- Jorge Molina as Judge Rudolph Montoya
- Louis refers to Harvey as F. Lee Bailey.
- Louis refers to Harvey as a cross between Marlon Brando and Superman.
- Downton Abbey is mentioned.
- Goddamn Counter: 2
- Louis is revealed to be Jewish.
- It is revealed in this episode that Jessica made an appointment with Dr. Stan Lipschitz on Louis' behalf shortly after he was promoted by Daniel Hardman to junior partner. However, this contradicts Louis' statement in the season 4 episode "Pound of Flesh", where Louis states that he spent 14 years of therapy with Lipschitz.
Alex: Kings over seven, motherfucker.
Lipschitz: If I ask you the one person whose respect you crave the most, who would it be? Don't dwell on it; just say the first name that pops into your head.
Louis: Harvey Specter.
Lipschitz: Good! What's he like?
Louis: He's like a cross between Marlon Brando and Superman. What?
Lipschitz: I'm just picturing. This Harvey. is he a friend?
Louis: He's my best friend.
Lipschitz: Hm. Would he describe you as his best friend?
Louis: What the- what the fuck is that supposed to mean?
Louis: You son of a bitch! You implyin' that I'm not as good as him, that I'm worthless? Well you know what, you Nazi supposed Jew? I don't need to take that from ya; I'm goddamn out of here!
Mike: Harvey, they are lining their pockets on the backs of people who should have gone free years ago, and you're letting them get away with it!
Harvey: I'm their lawyer, I'm not a prosecutor.
Mike: What the fuck does Alex Williams have on you, huh?
Harvey: Nobody has anything on me.
Mike: Then why the hell you doing this? 'Cause there's no way it's for the money.