With time running out before Mike's case goes to trial, Harvey and Mike are at odds over their strategy, and just what lengths they'll go to in order to defeat Gibbs. Meanwhile, Gibbs takes a shot at Mike's Achilles heel when she puts the squeeze on Rachel. And when word the scandal starts affecting the firm's standing, Jessica needs help from Louis and Jack Soloff to show the world that Pearson Specter Litt is as strong as always.
To be added
- Gabriel Macht as Harvey Specter
- Patrick J. Adams as Mike Ross
- Rick Hoffman as Louis Litt
- Meghan Markle as Rachel Zane
- Sarah Rafferty as Donna Paulsen
- Gina Torres as Jessica Pearson
- Abigail Spencer as Dana Scott
- John-Pyper Ferguson as Jack Soloff
- Suzanne McKenney as Judge Ralls
- Rachael Harris as Sheila Sazs
- Leslie Hope as Anita Gibbs
- Lisa Lau as Scottie's Secretary
- John Jarvis as Dean Herrick
- Pat Matroianni as Tom Linder
- Farid Yazdani as David Green
- An editorial is printed in a major newspaper regarding the fact that that it would be unfeasible that none of the three name partners at Pearson Specter Litt were unaware that Mike Ross was a fraud, which damages the firm's reputation, client base and causes numerous law students to decide not to apply for a summer associate position at the firm.
- The date for Mike's trial is set for two weeks.
- Due to the fact that only three Harvard students wish to come to Pearson Specter Litt, and that they happen to be the three worst students, Louis Litt initially believes Sheila Sazs is purposely sabotaging them. Jessica Pearson suggests that they should allow applicants from other schools as well, and waive their Harvard exclusivity, as she had done with Rachel Zane and Columbia University, while Louis refuses to resort to such measures.
- However, when he finds out that Sheila is not sabotaging the firm, and that the students themselves are choosing not to come, he tells Jessica that one of the things he learned from Mike is that you do not have to attend Harvard to be a great lawyer. Louis, on behalf of Pearson Specter Litt, allows admission from the 20 law schools of the United States, including Stanford and Yale. Despite this, all 20 schools and its students refuse to join, believing that Pearson Specter Litt will soon cease to exist.
- Jack Soloff decides to make Pearson Specter Litt's reputation better by having them do multiple pro bono work, while Jessica decides to be on the offense and poach a whole department of attorneys from a rival law firm. When this doesn't work, Jack is offered a job by the rival firm, and Jack informs them while he can get another job if PSL does collapse, on the off chance that it doesn't, he may end up as a partner.
- Jack asks Jessica whether she would ever consider making him name partner in the future. Although Jessica says she would, she wonders why Jack would simply trust her word. Jack then gives Jessica the file containing self-incriminating evidence, the blackmail that Daniel Hardman used to manipulate him, and thereby giving Jessica a modicum of his own trust in her.
- Rachel is called into a meeting by the Dean of Columbia University, who threatens to expel her since he believes Mike took the LSATs for her. However, he lets her know that if the charges on Mike are somehow dropped, then this wouldn't be an issue, causing Rachel to realize that he and Anita Gibbs are working together.
- Rachel relays this information to Mike, who believes that Gibbs' associate, David Green, is the one who told her, since he was one of Mike's clients whom he took the LSATs for. Mike convinces David to give him the information he needs to stop Gibbs from going after Rachel, telling David that if he gets caught leaking Gibbs' details to PSL, then he would get fired from the U.S Attorney's Office; however, if he doesn't cooperate and Mike gets convicted, Mike can decide to reveal about his LSATs stint as well, which would cause David to lose his job as a lawyer.
- Mike goes to Dana Scott's office under Harvey's name to talk to her; however, she blames Mike as the reason she and Harvey broke up, and comes to resent him.
- Harvey tells Scottie that it wasn't him who sent Mike there, and tells her that Mike isn't the reason they broke up, but that it was his fault. He tells her that he's seeking professional help and wonders, after this whole thing is over, if he may call her. She tells him that he can always call her, admitting that she too is seeing a therapist, adding that she hopes he does get out of his mess in one piece.
- Since Sheila considers her job her life, Louis uses the fact that she once left Louis alone in the file room, claiming she was derelict in her duties, and convinces her to flee the country by going to Argentina until Mike's trial ends, as the United States government cannot subpoena her there.
- As he is being accused of not being a lawyer, Mike decides the best way to convince the jury that he is a lawyer is for them to see him in court defending himself. Harvey believes that Mike won't be able to defend himself and that it is a bad idea, causing a slight rift between the pair.
- Donna Paulsen informs Mike and Harvey that Gibbs has found Trevor Evans.
- Goddamn Counter: 17
- This episode garnered 1.71 million views on its initial premiere.
Jessica: Jack, I don't give a shit if my enemies think I'm innocent or not. I give a shit whether they think they can take me down, which is why I'm not going to cower in some pro bono corner, trying to convince them that I'm friendly. I'm going to kick some ass, and remind them that I'm fierce.
Louis: What I learned from hiring Mike was that not all great lawyers went to Harvard.
Jessica: What are you saying?
Louis: I contacted Stanford, Yale, Columbia, Penn, and all the rest... Top 20 law schools. I officially opened up the doors to Pearson Specter Litt.
Jessica: I know how much you hated to do that, Louis, but sometimes we need to do what we have to... to survive.
Louis: Is there anything else I can do?
Jessica: No, there isn't. Right now, we just need to get through this trial, and pray to God that Harvey gets Mike goddamn Ross off the hook.
Rachel: You got it done.
Mike: How'd you know?
Rachel: Because you're doing that puffy chest thing you do when you feel really good about yourself.
Mike: I do not do a puffy chest thing.
Rachel: Yes, you do. And relax, because I love you and your chest.
Mike: Well, I love you and your chest.
Donna: Rachel, I got upset because I didn't want to think about what I do if I have to choose between my dad and Harvey. Because this whole situation sucks. And we may have to make hard choices, and I want you to know that no matter what you do, you're my friend. And I will always love you.
Rachel: I will always love you, too.