I want to complain about fearless Diva because one time she block me for no reason and she now accused me to be rude when I wasn't rude at all , because she block me for no reason once she does it again , when I wasn't anywhere in any comment, I tried to give her the chance to admit she was in the wrong , but she didn't listen.
I at first she think I was giving false information on a character page on Royal Romance and then she accused be to be rude while I was not rude at all on any page i was just asking a question on Jen from America's most illegible and then she accused me to be rude with her while i was not on her page I just wanted to know why she block me for a second time then she block me for a third time instead of listening.
Hey Wolf! Apologies for following you to the Suits Wikia. I was trying to find a way to contact you on the Choices Wikia, but couldn't find any because Fearless Diva blocked me there without giving me a chance to message you. Here's to hoping you receive this message!
Why I'm Messaging You
So in a nutshell, I feel I've been wrongfully banned from posting in the Choices Wikia, despite abiding by every single Discussion Guideline . As a huge fan of Choices, this is disappointing. However, I also believe the administrator who banned me has also done so out of his/her prejudice against those who disagree with him/her on certain sensitive topics, thereby completely disregarding the Discussion Guidelines. If possible, I would like to file a complaint against him/her.
Your user name or IP address has been blocked.
The block was made by 188.8.131.52.
As you may know, Pixelberry released their new book with Andy , a transgender who was born female but identifies themself as female. I, personally, do not agree with transgenderism, so I commented this on Andy's Wikia page. Note that while I do not believe a person who is born as a woman can call themselves a man or vice versa, I in no way indicated that I hate such people, or would do anything to harm them. In my post, I clearly stated that I do not hate the character, but do not agree with her that she is a male, choosing instead to view her as a female.
Almost immediately, I received a reply from Fearless Diva on the post, which can also be seen in this screenshot . He/she starts off their reply with a personal attack on me, labeling me as "transphobic" despite nothing in my post to suggest that. In addition, he/she then proceeded to post a warning on my visitor wall, stating that "Wikia/Fandom is a safe place to all." My reply was to ask why s/he was not making it safe for me (surely I am included in a "safe place to all")?
The main issue with my ban is that I got a warning first, but then got a ban despite not having posted after having gotten the warning. Instead of being linked to any community guidelines, or specific injunctions of how I was breaking the rule, Fearless Diva proceeded to break several rules him/herself; to my knowledge, I steered clear of anything that would have violated the Discussion Guidelines. Our entire conversation is on my visitor wall to read, but I have screenshots too (1 23 ), in case they happen to be deleted.
In my first reply to Fearless Diva's private message, I corrected him/her on the definition of "transphobic." According to Merriam-Webster, transphobia is "irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against transgender," none of which I displayed in my post about Andy. However,the ban that Fearless Diva gave me was allegedly for "transphobic comments," despite me displaying none of the behavior listed in the Merriam-Webster defintion of the word.
When I suggested that we should just "agree to disagree," s/he stated that that was an impossibility on this Wikia. However, such a statement was nowhere to be found in the Discussion Guidelines, which I duly pointed out to him/her. I also mentioned how the rules stated that everyone must "be open-minded about differing opinions." Unfortunately, I never received a reply from him/her, and was banned about 15 minutes after my reply.
1. Fearless Diva displayed no respect for my opinion. As I have stated before, I respect everyone's opinions, even if I disagree with them. However, Fearless Diva demonstrated through the ban that I was not welcome to express my opinion on a fictional character's gender. In return, I sent him/her a copy of the Discussion Guidelines , where it is clearly (and sensibly) states to "be open-minded about differing opinions."
2. Fearless Diva banned me immediately after the warning, despite me not posting anything. What was the point of the warning if I was banned for my first "offence?" I understand that topics such as transgenderism are not easy ones, yet if they are not discussed, the community will become rapidly enclosed in a bubble where only certain opinions are permitted and others are completely ostracized. This is the exact opposite of "diversity" and "inclusion."
3. Fearless Diva was not civil. In his/her very first reply to me, I was incorrectly accused me of transphobia. When I offered the correct definition of the slur from an accreddited dictionary, I did not receive any acknowledgment of the error. Instead, I was banned for the very same reason, despite Merriam-Webster proving him/her wrong!
4. Fearless Diva was NOT helpful to me as a new user. While I tried to keep the discussion respectful and polite, as seen in my screenshots and on my visitor wall, Fearless Diva, by contrast, displayed no willingness to provide a copy of the rules or explain why I was banned. My latest question to him/her is still unanswered.
Whew, that was a lot to write. In conclusion, I would definitely love to see this ban lifted, as I have greatly enjoyed interacting with other Choices fans through the comments sections on various pages. However, I would also like to request that action be taken against Fearless Diva, who has seemingly abused their powers to ban me, simply for seeing the world and issues such as transsexuality in a different way than they do. An example of this situation, albeit an extreme one, would be if a Hindu was refused entry to a restaurant unless he started eating beef!
Thank you for your time, and sorry again for the long post. If there is anything else you would like me to provide, I would be glad to.
I don't believe so, but I appear to have been blocked from posting anywhere in the Choices Wikia, which is why I had to follow you to Suits. It seemed extremely unfair that I was not even able to contact a admin on there to appeal the ban. Here's a link to my Choices profile: http://choices-stories-you-play.wikia.com/wiki/User:Dudey111
Hey, I appreciate it. It was a bit shocking to be banned so quickly despite doing nothing against the Discussion Guidelines, when the admin appeared to be the one so blatantly violating them, simply because they could not bring themselves to be open-minded about someone's opinion they disagreed with. Thank you for looking into this!
I am open minded. I just calmly explained to you that there's a place for your views, but when you have the potential to hurt other people with your words... that's not okay. In the convo, I in no way insulted you. In fact you even quote said " thank you for having a civil conversation like adults." By the way....
We don't allow homophobic language, ethnic slurs or religious hate. That means no language or content that encourages hatred or violence, or that disparages others on the basis of their race, gender, sexuality, religion, country of origin and so on.
The context of language can matter - what's OK in rap lyrics might not be OK on an image caption. But even casual "I didn't mean it offensively" language can be offensive, so don't do it. And remember, an image of a burning cross might be OK illustrating a history wiki article, but not as your wiki's background image.
Hi again, Fearless Diva. I don't want to spend too much time on this reply, as it is (thankfully) now in WolfofWinterfell's hands.
There are several issues here, that I would like to point out before other users suffer from your lack of respect for differing opinions.
1. First of all, I would like to single out your statement you just made on this post. I would like you to link a screenshot of where I said "thank you for having a civil conversation like adults." However, what I did thank you for was a "polite and respectful" reply. Unfortunately, it seems I spoke too soon, as you completely blocked my account, thus preventing any way of my opinion being heard (one which is shared by hundreds of millions of other humans across the globe).
2. Sadly, I feel like I keep having to explain this to you, but you keep incorrectly using the word "transphobic." From Merriam-Webster, the definition is: "irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against transgender or transsexual people." Let's review my comment on Andy's page for transphobia as defined by the leading dictionary in the world, shall we?
I don't hate this character (in fact she's pretty cool), but definitely female in my opinion. Surely I can't be the only one who plays this game who sees her as a girl? Don't hate on me for my opinion
I don't hate this character - irrational fear, aversion to, or discrimination? Nope.
in fact she's pretty cool), - irrational fear, aversion to, or discrimination? Nope. In fact, I state how I like how the character is written!
but definitely female in my opinion - irrational fear, aversion to, or discrimination? Absolutely not. This is my opinion, based on my decision to base gender on the biological sciences of genetics. In no way do I display fear, aversion, or a discriminatory standpoint against Andy or other transgenders.
I believe I know what your first and only argument will be. You will state that I am displaying discrimination against transgender individuals by not using the pronouns they desire. Let's revisit Merriam-Webster for the meaning of the verb "discriminate." As a transitive verb, it means "to mark or perceive the distinguishing or peculiar features of." In this case, I would have to be looking for distinguishing features of Andy that would help me decide what pronouns to use. Since we can assume Andy has female genitalia, I would compare those to those of other people, male and female. This would lead me to conclude that Andy is, indeed, a female. Note that in this case, I am NOT discriminating her from other women, since she has the same characteristics as them biologically. I'm willing to bet her voice hasn't or won't break, but that is a discussion for another place. The intransitive definition of "discriminate" would be "to make a difference in treatment or favor on a basis other than individual merit." Clearly, I am not doing this to Andy or any other individual, transgender or not. I treat everyone the same: if they were born a man, I call them "sir" and if they were born a woman, I call them "ma'am." So no, I am not discriminating against Andy or any other transgenders. Instead, I treat them the same as I would treat any other human being.
To wrap this point up, just because I do not believe that there are more than two genders does not make me a transphobic person. In no way have I displayed "fear," "aversion," or "discrimination" against transgender people. Yet I received a ban for it! I'll come back to that.
3. What's not offensive to others may offend me, and vice versa. I personally am not offended by transgenderism. Why? Because I am allowed to express disagreement with it. I have already established how disagreement is not the same as transphobia, but merely a difference in opinions. In your first reply, you state the "Wikia/Fandom is a safe place to all. " However, you immediately made it an unsafe place for me by not allowing me to express my feelings on a certain fictional character. Like I told Wolf in my initial complaint about you, 'I understand that topics such as transgenderism are not easy ones, yet if they are not discussed, the community will become rapidly enclosed in a bubble where only certain opinions are permitted and others are completely ostracized. This is the exact opposite of "diversity" and "inclusion."'
4. You clearly broke the rules of discussion for the Wikia, yet have administrator privileges. The Discussion Guidelines posted for the entire Choices Wikia state to "Keep discussions civil and be open-minded about differing opinions." Firstly, you immediately attacked my comment about my personal view of the character Andy by calling it "transphobic." Yet, as I have proven in point number 2, my comment fulfilled none of the criteria for transphobia as defined by Merriam-Webster. Secondly, you said in your second response to me '"You just acknowledged it is a controversial view and in this case when it comes to wikia, we can't "agree to dissagree".[sic]' Clearly, you and I have differing opinions when it comes to transphobia. If you really were open-minded (as the rule required), you would not have banned me for expressing my ideas. Agreeing to disagree was definitely the most pacific way of dealing with this problem, and I hope Wolf agrees with me.
5. This was blatant abuse of administrative powers. As I have stated above, I simply made a post that had a different opinion than you, Fearless Diva, the administrator has. It was not transphobic, but merely my summary of a fictional character based on my worldview due to science and religion. For that, I immediately get called "transphobic" and blocked from the site for a year with no reply to my message. Additionally, a complete disregard was shown for the Discussion Guideline which have been posted.
6. One last point I failed to mention is how my post in no way breaks Community Guidelines. These state that "no language or content that encourages hatred or violence, or that disparages others on the basis of their race, gender, sexuality, religion, country of origin and so on" is allowed.
Once again, I would like to break down my quote on Andy's page: I don't hate this character (in fact she's pretty cool), but definitely female in my opinion. Surely I can't be the only one who plays this game who sees her as a girl? Don't hate on me for my opinion :(
The part Fearless Diva has taken personal issue with is where I state that Andy is "definitely female." However, I have specificially stated that this is "my opinion." Because of this, there is no way in the world that I am encouraging hatred or violence towards people who believe that they are transgendered. Additionally, in no way is that comment disaparaging towards transgendered people. Fearless Diva's only argument is that me choosing to view Andy as a female is "offensive" to transgenders.
7. Offensive? More like intolerant. The problem with Fearless Diva's argument is that he/she displays a complete lack of tolerance for those who do not have the same world view as him/her. "Offensiveness" is a double-edged sword. In theory, if my views that there are only two genders is offensive to transgenders, their view that there are multiple or no genders should be offensive to me. In a Wikia that is for "all," either both parties should be allowed to present their view in a civil manner, or no mention should be made of the topic (transsexualiaty) at all in order to prevent offending either party. Since Pixelberry has clearly stated that the character Andy is a transgender, the latter option is not possible.
What this lack of tolerance leads to is a situation where a transgendered individual is protected by the Wikia and allowed to express his/her views on the situation, but a person such as myself, whose scientific (genetics, biochemistry) and religious (eg. Christian) worldview disagrees with transsexuality, is blocked from expressing theirs. Like I said before, it creates a bubble where only those with the same worldview as the admin are allowed to contribute, whereas those with a differing opinion are cast out.
Man, this turned out longer than I wanted. I just encourage you to think about what I've said. Chances are, you'll probably skip through most of what I've written since you've already made up your mind that I'm wrong and that you're right. Is that your definition of transphobia? "If someone disagrees that there are more than two genders, they are automatically wrong and transphobic." I don't mind being called names, but it's a dangerous, dangerous path to instantly ban everyone whose opinion does not align with your worldview. Your warning was thoughtful, but I cannot say the same for the Wiki-wide block, unfortunately.
Bear in mind that I have nothing against you personally, Fearless Diva. In fact, you seem like a nice person from our conversations (before you banned me); however, I do believe your administrative decision was incorrect. I already regret spending so much time having to explain things so meticulously, but I sincerely hope that you will think about these things.
P.S. If Wolf is reading this, I would like you to consider removing Fearless Diva from an administrative position. They have clearly demonstrated that their decision-making is based on their subjective feelings on certain topics, instead of allowing discussions to continue objectively. This is by no means a personal attack on him/her, as it is solely based on my observations of his/her moderating capabilities. Every time I provided an explanation for why I am not breaking the rules, I get the words "transphobic" or "homophobic" incorrectly thrown in my face. Indeed, it reminds me of a certain American President whose only retort is "wrong." Thank you for taking the time to look through this situation, as always!
1. Fearless Diva demonstrates an unwillingness to correctly present factual information, incorrectly quoting me. Yet despite this, they claim that they are open-minded, yet ban me without letting me prove that my post was innocent of any bannable offences.
2. I explain how my post was NOT "transphobic" to Fearless Diva. Regretfully, he/she refuses to acknowledge my explanation, choosing instead to issue a site-wide block on me. I believe they find it hard to admit they were wrong, a characteristic that is extremely malicious in an administrator, who often has to be impartial. This can very easily lead to intolerance, as it has in my case.
3. I show how Fearless Diva contradicts his/her statement that Wikia is a safe place for "all" when he/she banned me for expressing my opinion.
4. Fearless Diva claims my post was transphobic, despite my factual evidence to the contrary. . Others in my situation might be offended by being called transphobic when I have demonstrated that I am not. However, he/she is entitled to call my post whatever he/she wants. The problem is that Fearless Diva then proceeds to disregard the Discussion Guidelines, specifically the first rule. Instead of being open-minded about my opinon on a transgendered character's gender, he/she displays extreme closed-mindedness and prejudice to ban me, thus shutting off whatever free speech I might have had.
5. I believe this is what is known as admin abuse. Of course, this claim is contingent on you agreeing that my post was simply a gentle expression of how I feel about a certain Pixelberry character. Unfortunately, Fearless Diva chose to take personal offense and ban me for it.
6. I explain how my post stayed within Community Guidelines. Incidentally, instead of sending me a copy of them and carrying an open discussion about how my post might have violated them, Fearless Diva instead opted to repeatedly call me transphobic before blocking me from the site for a year.
7. Intolerance and inequality. This is what Fearless Diva's behavior leads to. Although my post was not rude, disparaging, or violent, I received a year-long ban simply because Fearless Diva refused to be open-minded and consider my worldview. Yes, people might get offended, but taking offence goes both ways. What one sees as truth, another will see as offensive. There is an inevitability about it, but by effectively using administrator powers to mute me, Fearless Diva shows an overwhelming bias and prejudice against anyone who dares to express an opinion contrary to his/her's. This leads to the intolerance and the discriminatory behaviour witnessed when he/she banned me without allowing me a chance to speak to any administrator.
Conclusion: Personally, I have nothing against Fearless Diva. However, his/her use of administrative power has been troubling. I hope, for the sake of the community's diversity and discussion, that you will take appropriate steps.
Like I said, I'm not going to sit here and argue with you Dudey111. I just don't appreciate you badmouthing me and saying things that are frankly not true. It's why I contacted staff because I wanted to make sure I had the tools to talk to you. You may be feeling attacked but the point I was trying to make you get (and that you weren't getting) was that misgendering can be offensive/rude and actual form of discrimination for a trans person. This is the only time I will talk to you and to Wolf, I am sorry if you see my actions were in the wrong. Ultimately, I was just trying to look out for all users (but specifically LGBT ones) and by no means was I attacking Dudeyy. You can check my contribution on the choices wikia to check. As Admins, nothing is ever erased for us and you can see everything. Thank you both for your time. And my parting words to you Dudeyy... I hope this experience helps you grow as an individiual. No one is forcing you to change your views. Simply, we are all trying to help you see how you can hurt others with what you said.
Okay Dudey, I'm just going to step in here for Selena since what I saw from you is honestly disturbing. First of all, it's 2017 and transphobia is not okay. Do u know how many people struggle with their identities? They choose to become the opposite gender and the least we can do is respect their choice and call them how they choose. This isn't the 19th century anymore!
Furthermore, call it "abuse of admin power" all you want, but Fandom makes it extremely clear that admins can block a user on any wiki for any reason they want. Fandom doesn't intervene for multiple reasons, and Selena made it very clear to you that making comments like you did is not tolerated on the wiki, and therefore you were banned.
Also, I just wanted to point out that I read over the threads and comments as a fresh pair of eyes, and it's extremely clear that Dudey was being transphobic and anti-LGBT which is a form of hate speech and discrimination. Even Fandom Staff agreed at this point when Selena sent them a message on the matter!
For my own two cents, your comments, whether intentional or not, were clearly an insult to not only the character Andy is a male but yet you preferred to not refer to him as such but basically insulted the LGBT community.
"Intolerance and inequality. This is what Fearless Diva's behavior leads to. Although my post was not rude, disparaging, or violent, I received a year-long ban simply because Fearless Diva refused to be open-minded and consider my worldview." If anything your initial comments obviously did not represent tolerance or equality towards the character, the community and the users seeing that so really who are you to call out Selena for something that she's completely right in.
Okay I'm sorry but why?! I'm not speaking on behalf of Selena I just feel like I have to rant about this. The user was being TRANSPHOBIBC - plain and simple. Something that could really get you in some hot water in real life situations. By reducing their ban, you're basically saying it's okay to be transphobic. You're enabling him and others like him. How do you think that makes trans/LGBT people feel? They already struggle enough in the real world and finally are given some confidence and role models to look up to in their situations thanks to media, shows, and things like Choices. What if a trans person who's a Choices fan came to this wiki and saw those things? I can bet you anything that Andy, a fictional character, can't be hurt, but the user who relates to him definitely would. So, Wolf, please do whatever you want but consider my words. Stop enabling LGBT discrimination just because it's new enough that no actual laws have been placed to counter it yet.
You have every right as a human being to consider my opinion as incorrect. The beauty of mankind's free will is that we have the right to believe in and express our opinions through free speech, a privilege here in America. As this is the Internet, I understand circumstances are different. Although I disagree with your censoring of my opinion, this is a privately owned website, where those who pay for it can choose what they want displayed on it.
Like I told Wolf, no hard feelings, Fearless Diva! Ultimately, we must have an authority where our beliefs come from - much as you reject what I have left you to think about, I hope that you might some day allow God to be that ultimate authority in your lives. I will continue to pray for you guys. I've done my best to be polite and respectful of your opinion; only God can do the rest.
Take care, and don't hesitate to message me on another Wikia if you have any questions.
Not that it concerns you Dudey, but I am religious... Roman Catholic born and raised. I just don't let an archaic mindset dominate my life. It is possible to believe in a god and still be a descent human being. It doesn't have to be one or the other. But likewise, I wish you the best and hope you grow as an individual.
I promoted you to administrator - congratulations :)
Few things. One - when creating new pages (ex. new episode pages), make sure to protect the page. Make sure the edit option is on the second option and the move (page renaming rights) are set to the third option (admins & content mods only).
Second - I've made it to episode 50, but I may not be able to finish the rest. If you could help with epiodes 52-present with the pages, that would be appreciated. Especially making sure that there is a quote on the episode page. Preferably with the title of the episode (ex. In the "Play the Man" episode, the quote has the words "play the man" featured). If not, then find the most relevant one.
Three - recurring characters. Recurring characters are those who have made 3 appearance at least. Which means after their 3rd appearance, they get bumped from guest to recurring. I've only made two exceptions for this (as far I can remember) - Harold and Simon.
Simon was only in 4 episodes, so his 4th episode was listed as a guest since it was minor anyways. For Harold, his first 4 appearances were very minor so I had them listed as guest. On his 5th appearance, when it was more prominent, I had him bumped to recurring.
Hey, there! I see you've been adding promotional images for the episodes this season.
Whenever you have time, could you help me in updating the promotional episodes of already aired episodes? Most of them are of a smaller, low-res quality and not all of the promotional images released for the episodes have been uploaded here on the wikia.