|“|| Harvey: I need you to step up. You're not going to like it. And Jessica can't know it came from me.|
Mike: I gave Hardman the road map to settling with Tanner. You voted for it. Haven't we done enough to Jessica?
Harvey: We're not doing this to Jessica, we're doing this for Jessica.
Mike: We gonna cross the line with this?
Harvey: We've been crossing lines long before we even ever met.
With the continuing upheaval at the firm, Mike and Harvey reflect back on how their past decisions have influenced their present situation.
To be added.
- Gabriel Macht as Harvey Specter
- Patrick J. Adams as Mike Ross
- Rick Hoffman as Louis Litt
- Meghan Markle as Rachel Zane
- Sarah Rafferty as Donna Paulsen
- Gina Torres as Jessica Pearson
- David Costabile as Daniel Hardman
- Rebecca Schull as Edith Ross
- Tom Lipinski as Trevor Evans
- Vanessa Ray as Jenny Griffith
- Jacinda Barrett as Zoe Lawford
- Gina Holden as Monica Eton
- Laura Miyata as Nikki Sordel
- Russell Bennett as Bob
- A. Frank Ruffo as Gardener
- Dave McMullan as Maintenance Man
- Harvey's father calls, although Harvey is too busy to answer and decides to call back later. Donna tells Harvey that his father keeps asking when he would be promoted to partner. Harvey is then notified by Jessica that someone from their firm is stealing from them, and she wants him to discreetly identify the culprit. Harvey asks her to promote him to partner if he comes through, and Jessica agrees.
- Monica Eton, a senior associate at Pearson Hardman, is sexually harassed by Louis Litt, the firm's newest junior partner. She befriends Rachel Zane, a 22 year old paralegal who has just begun working at the firm three months prior. Rachel tells Monica that there are laws to protect her from sexual harassment, but Monica declares that the day she needs the law to protect her from Louis is the day she stops being a lawyer.
- Harvey convinces his friend, fellow senior associate Zoe Lawford, to give him access to her laptop and leave her office for a few minutes as he wishes to find out who is stealing money from their client's escrow accounts. Harvey follows the money and it leads him to Louis. However, when Jessica confronts Louis, she realizes it is not him and scolds Harvey for giving her the wrong name.
- Harvey enlists Louis' help, blacking out the names and tells Louis that it is data from another firm dealing with an embezzler. With Louis' help, Harvey discovers that Daniel Hardman is the one stealing from the firm. He informs Jessica, who confronts Daniel, and the latter states that he stole $500,000 from the clients to pay for his wife's cancer treatments.
- Donna befriends Rachel, who lets slip that Monica goes out for a long lunch every Tuesday. Having overheard from Harvey's intercom that Hardman takes long lunches on Tuesday too, Donna suspects the money is being used on an extramarital affair and alerts Harvey. Harvey shows up to the hotel and catches Hardman and Monica in their room, and blackmails Hardman into signing a letter that declares he would be stepping down, naming Jessica as his successor.
- Monica is fired by Jessica; despite Monica stating that she did not know about the embezzled money, Jessica tells her that the paid trips to Mexico, France and Hong Kong were expensive and that no jury would believe she did not know. Despite her threats for filing a wrongful termination suit, Jessica tells her that she cannot have an employee she can't trust, and further humiliates her by telling Monica to hand her resignation letter over to Louis.
- With Hardman's departure, Jessica takes over his office and promotes Harvey from senior associate to junior partner, granting Harvey her old office.
- Donna informs Harvey that his father has passed away of a heart attack.
- Upon realizing that Harvey went to work ousting Hardman and getting promoted rather than mourning his father, Zoe decides to quit being a lawyer, citing that the livelihood of being an attorney at the firm is responsible.
- Mike Ross works as a bike messenger and lives with Trevor Evans, smoking marijuana recreationally. While on a date with Nikki Sordel and Jenny Griffith, Mike and Jenny fall for one another, although Nikki asks for Mike personally after Trevor reveals he is a genius. She offers him $1,000 to take the LSATs for her, which he initially refuses; however, after his grandmother slips in her apartment, he realizes she needs full-time care and asks Nikki for $5,000, which she accepts.
- After being recommended by Nikki to three of her friends, Mike then decides to go into the LSAT business while Trevor decides to embark in drug dealing.
- Harvey takes a day off from work to visit his father's grave for his fifth year death anniversary.
- Mike is tasked by Harvey to give Monica Eton a lawsuit, citing that Pearson Hardman is willing to make amends for the past by representing her in a sexual harassment lawsuit filed towards Hardman. However, the entire ploy was so that Louis, whom Harvey knew ate lunch at the same restaurant as Monica, would notify Hardman, who in turn would lash at out Jessica, which prompts Jessica to openly scold Mike in the firm, and with the final piece being Mike broadcasting Hardman and Eton's affair to the firm in order to remove some of the partner's support for Hardman.
- After agreeing to oust Hardman once more, Harvey informs Jessica that he will be hiring Donna back to the firm.
- The New England Patriots and the New York Knicks are mentioned.
- Trevor asks Mike if he has to give him a code red, and Mike replies: "All you did was weaken a country today, Kaffee." This is a reference to and a quote from A Few Good Men.
- Jenny quotes the movie as well, referring to Mike as Lt. Weinberg, and then tells Mike that he doesn't want the truth, with the two of them quoting the "You can't handle the truth!" speech.
- Donna refers to the partner embezzling money as "The Embezzler", causing Harvey to respond that the thief isn't a Batman villain.
- Louis mentions Amadeus.
- Trevor guesses a fellow barhop's favorite movie as Grease, only for him and Mike to rectify it as Grease 2.
- Mike refers to a barhop as "Rico Suave".
- Jenny mentions "Moby Dick" and "Curious George" while Nikki mentions "Old Man and the Sea".
- Louis mentions his MySpace profile as well as William Shakespeare.
- Harvey mentions Scottie Pippen.
- When Harvey tells Mike that he is not going to work today, Mike asks if it's like a "Harvey Specter's Day Off" thing, and asks if he should call Ed Rooney to get Sloane out of school, a reference to the 1986 John Hughes film Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Harvey retorts that he does not have time for movie references today, prompting Mike to reply: "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while.", quoting Ferris Bueller himself.
- Goddamn Counter: 6
- This is the first episode of the series to have flashbacks.
- The flashbacks are confirmed to be "five years ago" in 2007, making the present day 2012.
- Mike is shown to have worked as a bike messenger in the past.
- Louis admits that he has transcribed every one of Shakespeare's works and charged Coastal Motors for it under the guise of legal paperwork, and that he also raids Harvey's liquor regularly on top of stealing raspberry bran bars from the kitchen.
- Rachel is revealed to be 22 in the flashback, making her 27 in the present day.
- Mike reveals that he received a score of 1590 on his SATs.
- Rachel's father, Robert Zane is mentioned for the first time, revealing that he is a lawyer who works at Rand, Kaldor & Zane.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.