|“|| Harvey: I hope you brought a baseball bat. You want to go another round with me, you're gonna need it.|
Tanner: What does it matter what I have? You're just going to sucker punch me anyways.
To be added
- Gabriel Macht as Harvey Specter
- Patrick J. Adams as Mike Ross
- Rick Hoffman as Louis Litt
- Meghan Markle as Rachel Zane
- Sarah Rafferty as Donna Paulsen
- Gina Torres as Jessica Pearson
- Eric Close as Travis Tanner
- Jacinda Barrett as Zoe Lawford
- Jordan Hudyma as Cameron
- Sebastian MacLean as Polygraph Tech
- Nicole Marie Johnson as Darlene Day
- Nick Alachiotis as Boxing Coach
- Craig Cyr as Boxer
- During a deposition meeting, Travis Tanner enforces traditional gender roles when he states that Jessica is the man and Harvey is the girl, citing Harvey's hair and nails, and adds that Jessica is like his "Mommy". He then reveals that he has looked into Harvey's mother, disclosing that he found out Harvey's mother constantly cheated on his father. Before he can finish, Harvey sucker punches him, causing him to bleed.
- Harvey approaches Zoe Lawford, a former employee at Pearson Hardman as well a former romantic interest, in order to select the jury for the upcoming trial. After Zoe convinces Jessica to hire her, Zoe proposes that the firm create a trial run, with Louis being assigned to take Tanner's place and Mike drafted to help him.
- The trial reveals Harvey's ethics, including his past in the mail room, as well as Louis' resentment of being a junior partner while Harvey is a senior partner. When Donna is brought to the stand, Louis also divulges that her last boyfriend broke up with her because he had asked her to choose between him and Harvey, and Donna chose Harvey. Louis badgers Donna on the stand, asking if she loves him, only for Harvey to command him to stop. The partners who comprise the jury see emotion in Harvey for once, which Zoe explains to Jessica as a good thing as it makes him endearing to the partners.
- Harvey explains during the trial run that he doesn't let people know he cares about his clients because he believes showing emotion is a sign of weakness that invites people to walk all over him. This prompts Jessica to wonder what sort of emotional damage Harvey has been through.
- Mike goes through all of Tanner's case files to find dirt on him in order to gain a settlement. He is spotted by Daniel Hardman, who decides to help out. Hardman claims to have discovered dirt on Tanner and uses it to create a settlement, which involves every partner in the firm to pay $100,000 of their own money while Harvey no longer gets disbarred.
- Jessica, Harvey and Hardman have a meeting, where the former ask the latter about the dirt he found, only for Hardman to tell Harvey that it doesn't concern him and that Jessica need not know due to the events that transpired the last time she found dirt that involved him.
- Harvey berates Mike for his idea, asking what dirt Hardman found. Mike responds that he doesn't know and that he doesn't care, and that Harvey should take the settlement as it protects him, whereas going to trial not only risks his disbarment but costs the firm more money.
- At the partners' meeting, half of the partners vote for settling while the other half votes to go to trial. Harvey becomes the deciding vote, and affected by Mike's statement, votes that they settle. However, Hardman then alerts the other partners that he doesn't believe they are satisfied with Jessica's leadership and schedules another partners' meeting in the near future to vote on either Jessica retaining the helm or Hardman resuming control.
- When Harvey says that Louis is devious, confident and intelligent, Mike adds that he forgot "ugly, lazy and disrespectful", prompting Harvey to tell him that now is not the time to quote The Breakfast Club. However, this only causes Mike to add "You mess with the bull, you get the horns."
- Harvey tells Mike that Jessica is about to go against Tanner, whom he refers to as Muhammad Ali, and that she can't lose to Joe Frazier, although he adds that Louis is no Joe Frazier.
- Mike quotes the courtroom dialogue from A Few Good Men.
- Harvey quotes The Graduate when he says to Zoe: "Mrs. Robinson. Are you trying to seduce me?". Zoe then replies that she is younger and hotter than Anne Bancroft. Harvey responds that he is hotter than Dustin Hoffman and Zoe quips that he is not hotter than Hoffman in Tootsie.
- Goddamn Counter: 2
- Harvey's middle name is revealed to be Reginald.
- Louis discloses that Harvey is the youngest senior partner in the firm's history.
- Jessica divulges that she first met Harvey when he was working in the firm's mail room. After an associate missed a filing and backdated the postage, Harvey approached Jessica and threatened to report the incident to the District Attorney unless the incident was rectified.
- Zoe Lawford is played by Jacinda Barrett, the wife of Gabriel Macht (Harvey Specter).
- Paul Porter is not seen attending the senior partners' meeting, despite it being mandatory.
- Mike declares that the memo was date stamped five years ago. However, with this episode taking place in 2012, five years would be 2007; the date stamp on the memo clearly states "June 2008".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.