Suits is an original series, airing on USA Network in the United States. Suits was created by Aaron Korsh. The series premièred on June 23, 2011.
Suits first appeared on USA Network's development slate under the title A Legal Mind in April 2010. In May, the network placed a cast-contingent pilot order from a pilot script written by Aaron Korsh. The pilot was filmed in New York City in the fall of 2010. The network gave a go ahead for the series with a 12-episode order on January 19, 2011. The series began filming in Toronto, Ontario on April 25, 2011, and completed August 12, 2011.
After a successful first season, the show was renewed for a second season on August 11, 2011 and began airing on June 14, 2012. On October 12, 2012, a third season was announced, and subsequently premiered on July 16, 2013. A fourth season was announced on October 24, 2013.
Suits stars Gabriel Macht ("Love and Other Drugs") as Harvey Specter, one of Manhattan's top corporate lawyers, and Patrick J. Adams ("Lost") as Mike Ross, a brilliant but unmotivated college dropout.
Harvey sets out to recruit a new hotshot associate from a pool of Harvard graduates and hires the only guy that manages to impress him.
Mike has both book smarts and street smarts, but the legal prodigy never actually went to law school. In order to serve justice and save their jobs, both of these unconventional thinkers must keep up the charade that he did.
- Gabriel Macht as Harvey Specter
- Patrick J. Adams as Mike Ross (Seasons 1-7)
- Rick Hoffman as Louis Litt
- Gina Torres as Jessica Pearson (Seasons 1-7)
- Meghan Markle as Rachel Zane (Seasons 1-7)
- Sarah Rafferty as Donna Paulsen
- Katherine Heigl as Samantha Wheeler (Season 8)
- Dulé Hill as Alex Williams (Season 8; recurring Season 7)
- Amanda Schull as Katrina Bennett (Season 8; recurring Seasons 2-7)
Ginia Bellafante, a critic for the The New York Times, gave the pilot a positive review: "A new legal series beginning on Thursday on USA, erupts from a Mount Vesuvius of absurdities, and yet like so much else in the USA stable, it comes in relatively good faith — not merely with a snappy sense of its own fun, but also with a chipper belief in the viability of renewal." In a review in the The Miami Herald, Glenn Garvin referred to the show as "cuttingly funny." BuddyTV described Suits as "an excellent summer show and–more than that–a truly high-quality piece of television."
- Although the series is set in New York City, only the pilot was shot there. The remaining episodes were filmed in Toronto.