|“|| Darby: I'll simply do what I've done to so many before. I'll defeat you in open court.|
Harvey: The way I work, it's never going to get to open court. You'll be on your steamer back to London wondering what happened, and you'll know that you picked a fight with the wrong guy.
Darby: Are you suggesting a wager?
Harvey: I'm not a gambler, but in this case, I'll make an exception. You lose, we don't merge.
Harvey's vision for the future of Pearson Hardman clashes with Jessica's when a British firm offers a tempting proposition, leaving them both to make up their minds on what direction to take with their careers. A confession from Mike sets his and Rachel's relationship upon a new path.
To be added.
- Gabriel Macht as Harvey Specter
- Patrick J. Adams as Mike Ross
- Rick Hoffman as Louis Litt
- Meghan Markle as Rachel Zane
- Sarah Rafferty as Donna Paulsen
- Gina Torres as Jessica Pearson
- Pearson Hardman have successfully won their 45 cases against Folsom Foods in the time between this episode and the last.
- With Jessica Pearson's decision to merge with Darby International not sitting well with Harvey Specter, he enlists Mike Ross' help to find three lawsuits against Edward Darby's clients. As the merger hasn't gone through yet, Harvey decides to represent the clients on the other side of Darby and face off against Darby, with the deal being that if Harvey wins, the merger doesn't happen and Jessica ends up making him name partner; if Harvey loses, Darby becomes name partner and he will welcome Darby with open arms. However, Darby appoints Dana Scott, citing that it is tradition to allow "number two" to handle it, and Harvey appoints Mike, his number two, to face off against Scottie.
- Louis Litt clashes with his British counterpart, Nigel Nesbitt, and the the two are tasked with compiling an efficiency list for the merger. Realizing that their shared positions create a redundancy, leading one of them to be let go, Nigel proposes that he and Louis leave each other off their list. However, Louis is unable to sacrifice the integrity of his list while Nigel adheres to their verbal deal.
- Due to his work on the merger, Louis has access to confidential information regarding Darby's case, which he hands off to Harvey in order to prevent the merger altogether, having being notified of Harvey's plan by Donna Paulsen. Harvey passes on the internal documents to Mike, although he is impeded by Jessica.
- Scottie reveals that Harvey's brother became ill when Harvey was at Harvard Law School and that Harvey used his tuition to cover the medical expenses. When Harvey's mother found out, she attempted to pay Harvey back, who refused to accept her money. She then gave the money to Harvey's brother for him to pay back.
- Scottie reveals to Donna that she is in love with Harvey and that the reason she brought Darby International over was so that she could gain Harvey's attention. Donna convinces her to make sacrifices for her love, and Scottie does so by handing her case work to Mike, thus losing her chance to be promoted to name partner. With Scottie throwing in the towel, Mike can ensure that Harvey wins the case. However, Jessica threatens to expose Mike's fraud to District Attorney Terrence Wolf, and Mike relents.
- Harvey informs Donna that he cannot trust Scottie because she slept with him while being engaged to another man, citing that he made that man look like a fool. Donna realizes this is because Harvey's mother cheated on his father, and tells Harvey that he needs to let go of the past.
- Harvey lashes out at Mike for betraying him, firing him as his associate and leaving Mike to return to the associate pool. He then decides to fire Mike from the firm, but Jessica vetoes his termination, allowing Mike to stay. Harvey then tells Jessica that she doesn't trust him, just like Daniel Hardman had mentioned, and Jessica replies that she will control Harvey and that he will accept the merger and learn his place.
- Pearson Hardman successfully merges with Darby International; Scottie is fired for leaking information to Mike, although Harvey convinces Darby to rehire her, reminding him that the merger would not have occurred if she hadn't proposed their union in the first place.
- Mike is ambushed in the file room by Rachel Zane, who asks why he did not submit a letter to Harvard on her behalf. Mike reveals that he is a fraud who never went to Harvard, and the pair end up having sex in the file room.
- Mike mentions Downton Abbey, which Darby tells Mike he will watch on Netflix.
- Harvey refers to Darby as Benny Hill.
- Rachel mentions Harry Potter.
- Jessica mentions Jimmy Smits, prompting Mike to ask if she is making an L.A. Law reference.
- Goddamn Counter: 4
- Harvey reveals that nine months has passed since "Blood in the Water".
- Louis refers to Nigel as Prince Charles; Prince Charles would later become Meghan Markle's father-in-law.
- It is revealed that Mike beat Jessica during their legal knowledge quiz featured in the season premiere. ("She Knows").
- Louis' middle name is revealed to be Marlowe.
- Like the previous season finale, this episode ends with someone being informed of Mike's secret.
Mike: Okay, look, Harvey–
Harvey: Shut your mouth! I risked everything for you. Then I did it again. And again.
Mike: Wait, you weren't there.
Harvey: I didn't have to be.
Harvey: You don't work for Jessica! You work for me.
Mike: I know I do, but I was just trying to get you what you wanted. Your name on the door.
Harvey: No, you got Edward Darby's name on the door. My part of the deal is gone.
Mike: What? You never told me that!
Harvey: I didn't think I needed to tell you that because I didn't think you would ever betray me.